Unfortunate Husband(from Darwin Awards - 08 July 2003)
Death Via Toilet
A man pushed his motorcycle from the patio into his living room, where he began to clean the engine with some rags and a bowl of gasoline, all in the comfort of his own home. When he finished, he sat on the motorcycle and decided to give his bike a quick start and make sure everything was still OK. Unfortunately, the bike started in gear, and crashed through the glass patio door with him still clinging to the handlebars.
His wife had been working in the kitchen. She came running at the fearful sound, and found him crumpled on the patio, badly cut from the shards of broken glass. She called 911, and the paramedics carried the unfortunate man to the Emergency Room.
Later that afternoon, after many stitches had pulled her husband back together, the wife brought him home and put him to bed. She cleaned up the mess in the living room, and dumped the bowl of gasoline in the toilet.
Shortly thereafter, her husband woke up, lit a cigarette, and went into the bathroom for a much-needed relief break. He sat down and tossed the cigarette into the toilet, which promptly exploded because the wife had not flushed the gasoline away. The explosion blew the man through the bathroom door.
The wife heard a loud explosion and the terrible sound of her husband's screams. She ran into the hall and found her husband lying on the floor with his trousers blown away and burns on his buttocks. The wife again ran to the phone and called for an ambulance.
The same two paramedics were dispatched to the scene. They loaded the husband on the stretcher and began carrying him to the street. One of them asked the wife how the injury had occurred. When she told them, they began laughing so hard that they dropped the stretcher, and broke the guy's collarbone.
jo: this ones true yeah but not many on this page is(02/01/2009)
nic: Moral of the story, dont bring your bike into the house to clean :p It upsets the laws of justice(31/08/2008)
matty: the description says he died, LIES!(30/06/2008)
blueberry: i wonder y d wife didn't flush d toilet???????????????????????but still funny:-D(05/01/2008)
duh: it would be WAY funnier if it were true! ☺(14/12/2007)
chris anderlik : thats rare because most paremedics dont drop strechers(11/11/2007)
GABZ 3A 2K7: Great myth i needed it for homework!! definitly use it again !!! thank you !!!(08/11/2007)
Diana: Folks, these are urban myths which means just that, myths. No they are not true so.....(25/08/2007)
Kyle: dats wat da husband gets dats was funny as HELL(09/02/2007)
scarcsm: THIS STORY IS TRUE!!!! IT HAPPENED TO ME ONCE!!! SERIOUS, IT DID!(26/06/2006)
Amrit : its really dumb i mean how could this thing happened? its not true at all. Poor thing!!! (12/03/2006)
wat?..o: its funny(i think but i think alot of stupid things)but its fake, but its still funny hehe(19/01/2006)
- fish: they tried this on myth busters and got fried this is a load of cods wallop(30/11/2005)
- JIM PILLING: WHO MAKE THEM UP(24/11/2005)
- •milly•: hehe awwww, DIDDUMS INIT! ~betcha he didnt forget that day~(06/11/2005)
- rini: ahahas, thats gay(20/10/2005)
- Me Me Me: THat so funny and so not true lol!(10/10/2005)
- scott: never had a woman be that kind to me(06/10/2005)
- He: poor chap(28/08/2005)
- Green: Thats just nuts...(17/07/2005)
- debs: ahhhh poor sod, bet its not true(15/06/2005)
- Yoshi: very funny and enjoyable (10/05/2005)
- Eric Phillips: THEY TALKED ABOUT THIS STORY ON TLC AND DETERMINED IT DID NOT ACTUALLY TAKE PLACE. TOO BAD, IT WOULD BE FUNNIER IF IT WERE TRUE. (07/04/2005)
- Tracey: I would devorce her lol(04/03/2005)
- Princess jazmina: how sad tht happened to me yesterday ! ....NOT (26/01/2005)
- sammy j: the story is so funny is it true?(17/01/2005)